Home Minutes Map Subdivision Zoning Building Permit
Applications
Solar Permit
Applications

Town of Hardenburgh
Regular Town Board Meeting
May 11, 2017, 7:00 PM
Town Hall, 51 Rider Hollow Road, Arkville, NY 12406

Present:   Supervisor Fairbairn and Councilpersons Bellows, O’Reilly, Sackel and Schluter.
Also present:Highway Superintendent Charles Storms, Town Clerk Thomas Delehanty, Bill and Bernadette Beyea.

Supervisor Fairbairn called the meeting to order at 7:01 PM and Councilman Sackelled the Pledge of Allegiance.

MOMENT OF SILENCE:

A moment of silence was observed for the passing of long-time community member Sandy Todd.

MINUTES CORRECTION:

Supervisor Fairbairn moved to correct the minutes of the 4/13/17 Regular Meeting. Motion seconded by Councilman Sackel and passed with all in favor.Supervisor Fairbairn moved to accept the 4/13 minutes as written. Motion seconded by Councilperson Bellows and passed with all in favor.

HIGHWAY BUSINESS::

A. Presentation by Highway Superintendent Storms.

BILLS:

Supervisor Fairbairn made a motion to audit the bills, which was seconded by Councilperson Bellowsand passed with all in favor. Supervisor Fairbairn made a motion to accept the bills as audited, which was seconded by Councilman Schluter and passed with all in favor. Vouchers approved for payment were General #76-89 totaling $3,962.88 and Highway #63-82totaling $18,305.51.

FEMA:

A. From James Casey (DHSES), 5/2/17 re. DR NY 4020 PW #8303. Electronic payment of approximately 75% of total cost – $325,900.94. Finally some funds. Remaining 25% in 6 months to 1 year.

B. Snowstorm 3/14-15 – possible Fed. declaration – see sheet #1 for approx. costs.

C. Resolution for Shared Services and Shared Services Agreement. Discussion. Needs research, may pass next month.

RISING COMMUNITY RECONSTRUCTION PROGRAM:

A. Selection of Engineer for Big Pond Stream Crossing Structure. Six (6) applicants. Selected Brinner & Larios (Kingston).

B. From HGA re. Generators. Might actually happen this year.

REVENUES:

A. From Town Clerk, monthly report 4/17, check for $366.10.

B. From Tax Collector, tax penalties 4/17, check for $336.76.

FYI:

A. From DHSES, re. FEMA DR NY 4085 – Close-out document.

B. From CWC - Apr. monthly report – septic rehabs, storm water retro-fits, loans.

C. From “A Time and a Place” publication – OMG!

OLD BUSINESS: OLD BUSINESS: Quiet.

CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICER: Karl von Hassel was ill recently. Discussion.

JUSTICE: No communication yet this month.

NEW BUSINESS: Quiet.

SPEAK TIME: Bernadette Beyea spoke: 1) Thanked Highway Superintendent Storms for work done in ice and snow storms; 2) Highway Department personnel / employee relations issues, discussion; 3) Damage to Town Hall mailbox and response, discussion.

Councilman Sackelmade a motion to adjourn at 7:41 PM, which wasseconded by Councilman Schluterand passed with all in favor.

Next meeting: Regular Meeting, June 8, 7 PM at Town Hall.

Date: May 12, 2017

Thomas Delehanty, Town ClerkNext meeting: Regular Meeting,June 8, 7 PM at Town Hall.